Late night pictures today. Sorry! It was a busy day at work. You know, SCIENCE and stuff!
- H&M gray and white long-sleeve bubble dress (with pockets!)
- Xhilaration gray and black heather tights
- Keds for Gap white slip-ons sneakers
- J. Crew rhinestone flower earrings
- Urban Outfitters rhinestone long crystal ball and chain necklace
There are two things about this outfit I’d like to talk about. First, whenever I pull these stockings out of my sock drawer, I always think, “Are these still “in”?” That thought is not one I often entertain, because I like to think I avoid overtly trendy clothing. But, I almost always wear them anyway because I know I look good in them, and that’s really all that style is about, isn’t it? Second, I bought this dress in Amsterdam. It is amazing, however is it very susceptible to wrinkling. Oh, and my husband said I was very Zooey Deschanel today, which is a very good thing. Hooray!
- Old Navy (not Gap, sorry!) black blazer
- Modström pink/blue/black plaid tank dress (<3 times a million)
- Xhilaration black footless tights
- Fioni (Payless) black faux snake skin peep-toe heels
I’ve figured out my bangs. It was the bizarro left side (right when looking at pictures) of my bangs, the small side, that was messing everything up. For as long as I can, I am just going to pin back those weird pieces. It looks much better that way.
- H&M navy jacket
- H&M black tailored short sleeve blouse
- J. Crew tan and blue floral high-waisted skirt (with pockets!)
- Xhilaration black striped tights
- Brash (Payless) nude platform heel
So many crazy things have happened today. OK, well, not really. I brought my camera with me to work with the intention of taking a few shots inside. However, I forgot my flash, and the onboard flash on our DLSR is pitiful. And it was pouring rain outside! I snapped a few iPhone pictures with the help of a coworker (as seen in the middle), but they were awful. Thankfully, the skies cleared and my husband, who happens with work with me, was gracious enough to take a few across the street from our office. Witness their splendor! I’ve included one of the terrible pictures from inside so you could see the sweater I was wearing with it. It was too hot to wear it outside.
Now, normally I don’t shop for clothing at Target. Their clothes are poor quality, worse than H&M. But I was shopping there for beach towels the night before a trip to the shore, and I happened to wander over into the clothes section. I found this dress for $12, and tried it on. I can’t say I was disappointed, though it’s not perfect. It’s a cute summer dress, and it definitely makes me look nice ‘n leggy. It’s definitely the exception to the rule; I don’t plan on shopping more at Target after this year is over.
- Xhilaration pink floral dress
- Kimchi Blue gray short-sleeved sweater
- J. Crew olive strappy wedges
- Target sunglasses (borrowed from my husband)
- Shell necklace (I can’t remember the origin. If you recognize it, let me know!)
I thought about wearing my J. Crew leather and gold ring belt, but I changed my mind. Do you think it would have worked? Let me know in the comments!